Benefits. Options. Advocacy.
Each year, millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer.
What are the chances that someone in your family will be one of them?
According to the American Cancer Society:
The good news: Thanks to early detection and advanced treatment, survival rates are increasing.
But prevention methods and treatments cost money.
And they may not be covered by your major medical policy.
- Nearly 1 in 2 men, and more than 1 in 3 women, are expected to develop cancer at some point in their lifetime.
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death in children 14 and younger.
- Approximately 12 million Americans alive today have a history of cancer.
The total overall cost is estimated at $226.8 billion. More than 54% of this amount represents non-medical needs, which could include:
Your Guarantees From Washington National
- Insurance shortfalls, such as deductibles, copayments and benefit limitations.
- Special expenses like transportation, lodging and family care.
- Loss of income when the patient is unable to work.
- Living expenses, including mortgage or rent payments, car loans, utilities and groceries.
How would you pay for the out-of-pocket expenses of cancer?
- Benefits are paid directly to you regardless of any other insurance you have.
- Only you can cancel your coverage.
- Rates won’t increase just because you use your policy’s benefits.
Your cancer concerns don’t stop at the doctor’s door.
Neither should your insurance. Washington National offers a solution.
- Spend your life savings.
- Sell off assets.
- Purchase supplemental insurance.
Health Advocate: Our signature feature
- Diagnosis Benefit
- In-Hospital Benefits
- In or Out-of-Hospital Benefits
- Alternative Care (Optional Rider)
- Cancer Preventative Care (Optional Rider)
- Cancer Death Benefit (Optional Rider)
Making phone calls, handling arrangements, filing paperwork….When you’re dealing with health issues, you don’t have to handle it all by yourself. With your Washington National Solutions Cancer certificate, you have immediate access to helpful support from Health Advocate.
Your personal Health Advocate is an R.N. backed by medical directors and administrative experts. Health Advocate can help you:
Protect yourself and your family today. View the brochure for additional details.
- Navigate the healthcare system.
- Find physicians and facilities.
- Access valuable resources.
- Resolve claims and billing issues.